Friday 31 October 2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is one of my favourite celebrations, an excuse for a party that I never miss. This year I'm hosting my own Halloween party again. Fancy dress, of course - and it's outdoors. I'm still amazed at how many people plan on coming scantily dressed. Myself, I'm being brave and appearing as Papa Lazarou, of the League of Gentlemen fame. Three fire pits should keep people warm, even in this cold weather! Some Halloween classics such as apple bobbing have been mixed up with less traditional entertainment - whack the piñata where of course, the traditional donkey has been replaced with a ghost - and should keep people entertained. Somehow, though, I'm sure that the blood punch and hot pumpkin soup will be more appreciated. The younger, or more fragile guests have Corpse Bride, Stardust and Nightmare Before Christmas (it applies to Halloween, too!) to keep them occupied. I've even dug out some old VHS tapes of Count Duckula for backup. Weeks of planning have gone into this, and still - my pumpkin jack-o-lanterns are already looking a little blackened inside, and I've only invited a handful of confirmed homosexuals. But with a few blood punches, I'm sure all that will be forgotten... or at the very least, some of the non confirmed homosexuals should be a little more open to persuasion.

If you're not celebrating Halloween at all, I urge you to dig out a scary movie and pop open a bottle of wine, or two. Live a little! I'd be interested to hear how you all plan on spending your Halloween!

For now, I'll leave you with some apt youtube embeds to get you all in the mood!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy haloween! I hope your party goes really well im sorry i couldnt make it :( Have some blood punch for me

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a nice night poofter! We stayed in with the lights off to stop trick or treaters egging the house. Watched Speed tho!

Anonymous said...

I like the clips, three of the best films for halloween! Hope the party went well, when do we get an update? What's blood punch?

Anonymous said...

Halloween in Chile? I think not!
I wish I were in the U.K for trick or treating! Booo!

Anonymous said...

sahfyxumn http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just came back here to advise you about Mobile Monopoly. This is a superb system and WILL make you money, especially seeing as you own a website. Take a quick look at the video, the strategy is about using Mobile Advertising which is completely new and an unexposed market where you can make thousands by doing hardly any work. I promise you that after you watch their short video it will change you and it will start making you think. http://mobile-mastermind.com